Brief Description of Organization:
The Ronald McDonald House of Long Island® (“House”) is a not-for-profit 501(c)(3) organization and home-away-from-home for families who are dealing with the stress of having a child undergoing medical treatment at nearby hospitals.
Position Title: House Manager
Reports to: Director of Operations and President
Family Service Coordinator, Housekeeping Team Leads, Housekeeping Staff, Weekend House Managers, Awake Overnight Staff, Front Desk Staff, Front Desk Volunteers, Hospitality Volunteers.
Salary Range: Commensurate with Experience
Regular Hours: Monday – Friday, 12pm – 8pm
The House Manager is responsible for the comprehensive supervision of the House Management and Housekeeping departments and acts as the primary liaison with the residents at the House and hospital social workers. The hospitality programs, housekeeping needs, and physical House requirements necessary to ensure a positive experience for all residents fall under the scope of responsibilities of the position. The job works closely with the Family Service Coordinator, Facilities Manager, the Director of Operations and the President. Previous experience in management and flexibility to work evenings and occasional weekends is required.
- Bachelor’s Degree;
- Ability to work in a collaborative environment and to maintain strong attention to detail;
- Must be outgoing and enthusiastic;
- Computer proficient, including Excel and Word;
- Excellent verbal, written and interpersonal communication skills;
- Commitment to and understanding of the organization’s mission;
- Ability to assemble and execute a plan for the House Management department that will recommend changes to departmental processes and help to grow this area of the organization;
- Ability to strategically balance compassion and empathy with assertiveness;
- Desire to network on behalf of the House with partner hospitals in an effort to increase occupancy at the House;
- Strong decision making skills and ability to see the big picture within the organization
- Comfortable with recognizing and taking advantage of fundraising opportunities;
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Lead the House Management and Housekeeping departments with vision;
- Liaise with hospital partners and grow occupancy;
- Check in and check out families; Maintain referral & wait lists;
- Liaise with hospital social work department, gift of life and other third party groups;
- Supervise the daily and weekly resident log;
- Arrange for resident transportation;
- Supervise hospitality and front desk volunteers;
- Administer room donation reminders when requested to residents and outside organizations;
- Maintain occupancy information & prepare occupancy reports;
- Create, prepare and distribute check-in packets to residents and communicate as needed;
- Community Relations; Meet, greet and monitor visitors to the House
- Coordinate in-kind donations/deliveries;
- Work closely with facilities department to ensure the House is maintained and repairs are prioritized according to resident needs;
- Manage evening programs and activities for residents & give tours of facility; Dinner program, kitchen condition, etc.
- Responsible for Fire Safety program;
- Schedule weekend managers, housekeeping staff, and ensure strong communication over all departments and part time weekend staff;
- Perform other tasks or lead special projects as assigned by the Director of Operations and/or the President.
Please email COVER LETTER AND RESUME to firstname.lastname@example.org.
No phone calls please.
RMH-LI offers a competitive compensation and benefits package, including employee health benefits, a matched 403 (b) plan and the opportunity to help give comfort and shelter to families experiencing the stress of having a sick child in local hospital facilities. Must be able to successfully pass a background check. EOE.
The above information in this description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees with this level of responsibility. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities and qualifications required of employees in this position.