- RONALD MCDONALD HOUSE OF LONG ISLAND may collect Personal Information (as defined below), such as your first and last names, home addresses, e-mail addresses, and phone numbers; payment information when you make a transaction such as donating to RONALD MCDONALD HOUSE OF LONG ISLAND; and demographic information and other information about you. We and our service providers may automatically collect certain information while you use the Site, including your Device Identifier (as defined below), browser/operating system, referring URL or advertisement, and all of the areas our Site you visit. There are a variety of technologies that collect this information including cookies, local storage and web beacons. In addition, we may receive information about you from third parties.
- We may use the information we collect for a variety of purposes including to: enable you to use our Site; process your donation; personalize your experience and offers; and provide you with information, opportunities, or services from us and our third-party partners.
- We may also share your information with third parties, including our service providers and Local RONALD MCDONALD HOUSE OF LONG ISLAND Chapters. We do not share Personal Information with unaffiliated third parties for those third parties’ marketing purposes.
TYPES OF INFORMATION COLLECTED
Information You Provide
Information We Collect Automatically As You Access and Use the Site
We and our third-party service providers (including any third-party content, advertising, and analytics providers) may use a variety of technologies that automatically or passively collect certain information about your use of the Site whenever you visit or interact with the Site (“Usage Information”). Usage Information may include the browser and operating system you are using, the URL or advertisement that referred you to our Site, the search terms you entered into a search engine that led you to our Site, all of the areas within our Site that you visit, and the time of day you visit the Site, among other information. Usage Information also includes the IP address, mobile device identifier, or other unique identifier (“Device Identifier”) for any computer, mobile phone, or other device used to access the Site. A Device Identifier is a number that is automatically assigned to your device and our servers identify your device by its Device Identifier.
We may use Usage Information for a variety of purposes, including enhancing or otherwise improving the Site and our services, and to target content or offers to users. The Usage Information we collect is generally non-identifying, but if we associate it with you as a specific and identifiable person, we will treat it as Personal Information.
Cookies and Local Storage
“Cookies” and local storage are pieces of information (data files) transferred to an individual’s browser on their device when the device is used to visit a site. These technologies are able to store a unique identifier for a device to allow a certain Internet site to recognize the device whenever the device is used to visit the site, and may be used for many purposes, including remembering information that will make your use of the site more convenient. Like most Internet sites, the RONALD MCDONALD HOUSE OF LONG ISLAND Site uses these technologies for a variety of purposes. For example, we use these technologies to track the total number of visitors to our site on an anonymous, aggregate basis, and to remember you when you return to the Site and remember your preferences. We may associate Personal Information with a data file. You can find more information about cookies and how they work at AllAboutCookies.org.
Use the options in your Internet browser if you do not wish to receive a cookie or if you wish to set your browser to notify you when you receive a cookie. If you disable all cookies or adjust your Flash privacy settings on your device, you may not be able to take advantage of all the features of the RONALD MCDONALD HOUSE OF LONG ISLAND website.
In addition, we may use a variety of other technologies that collect similar information for security and fraud detection purposes.
Information Third Parties Provide About You
We may use the information we collect, including Personal Information and Usage Information:
- to enable you to use our Site, and to provide related services and care, including responding to your questions, complaints or comments;
- to process your donation and, as applicable, create your account or personal profile;
- to provide you with information, opportunities, or services that you have requested or that we otherwise believe will interest you, including opportunities to donate and other special opportunities from us and our third-party partners;
- to personalize your experience by tailoring content, recommendations, and opportunities we display to you, both on the Site and elsewhere online;
- for internal business purposes such as to improve our Site and services;
- to administer and process contests, sweepstakes, promotions, and surveys;
- to process information you provide via our Site, including verifying that your email address is active and valid;
- to comply with regulatory and legal obligations; and
SECURITY AND PAYMENT PROCESSING
We employ commercially reasonable security methods and technologies to help secure the Personal Information we collect and store. Donor information is stored within a donor management database within RONALD MCDONALD HOUSE OF LONG ISLAND. Access to the database is restricted to personnel with a legitimate business need to access or modify the information contained therein. However, no system can be guaranteed 100% secure. We therefore cannot ensure or warrant the security of any information that you transmit to us, or that we transmit to you, or guarantee that it will be free from unauthorized access by third parties.
Ronald McDonald House of Long Island uses PayPal and DonorPerfect products for payment processing and data storage. PayPal and DonorPerfect applications process, store and transmits cardholder data based on PCI compliance standards. PayPal and DonorPerfect represent that they fully adhere to PCI standards regarding secure storage of data, strong access control and other requirements. For further information on this subject please visit PayPal and DonorPerfect PCI compliance pages. Since we use vendors to process credit card payments made through the Site and to store associated payment data, RONALD MCDONALD HOUSE OF LONG ISLAND does not directly collect such credit card information, nor does RONALD MCDONALD HOUSE OF LONG ISLAND store or have access to credit card information submitted online.
Third Parties Providing Services on Our Behalf
Companies may be engaged by RONALD MCDONALD HOUSE OF LONG ISLAND to perform a variety of functions, such as assisting with donation collection, providing technical services for our Internet sites, etc. Such companies may have access to Personal Information if needed to perform certain functions. However, these companies may use such Personal Information only for the purpose of performing that function and may not use it for any other purpose.
Administrative and Legal Reasons
RONALD MCDONALD HOUSE OF LONG ISLAND reserves the right to use or disclose any information (including Personal Information) as needed to satisfy any law, regulation or legal request, to protect the integrity of the site, to fulfill your requests, or to cooperate in any law enforcement investigation or an investigation on a public safety matter, to protect and defend the legal rights or property of RONALD MCDONALD HOUSE OF LONG ISLAND, our Site or its users, or any other party, or in an emergency, to protect the health and safety of our users or the general public.
Social Networking Features
LINKS TO OTHER SITES
We may offer links to sites that are not operated by RONALD MCDONALD HOUSE OF LONG ISLAND. If you visit one of these linked sites, you should review their privacy and other policies. We are not responsible for the policies and practices of others.
USERS RESIDING OUTSIDE OF THE UNITED STATES AND CONSENT TO TRANSFER
The Site is operated in the United States. If you are located in another jurisdiction, please be aware that information you provide to us will be transferred to and processed in the United States. By using the Site or providing us with any information, you consent to this transfer, processing, and storage of your information in the United States, a jurisdiction in which the privacy laws may not be as comprehensive as those in the country where you reside or are a citizen.
Matt Campo, President
Phone: (718) 343-5683 Ext. 136 or (516) 775-5683 Ext. 136
The Ronald McDonald House of Long Island, Inc.,
267-07 76th Avenue
New Hyde Park, NY 11040